Total Pageviews

Friday 17 February 2012

Truth, Honesty and Self Proclaimed (so called) Adepts


As anyone can see that reads my blog, I believe magic to be a spiritually sacred practice where the magician seeks interaction and relationships with the many varied forces of the material and spiritual worlds to make material life easier, and develop themselves spiritually. After all, as it says in the opening page of the Lemmegeton Clavicula Salomonis, taken from the preface of the Harley 6483 manuscript : Magick is the highest and most absolute divinest knowledge of Natural Philosophy. Because of the sacredness that is attributed to the magical arts, I also believe that it is extremely disrespectful for any magician to devalue this sacredness with dishonesty and lies.

One only has to look on the web to see that this is rife in the occult world, especially so on forums where one will come across the over inflated egos of the self proclaimed experts and adepts. Unfortunately this is to be expected in any community where knowledge and power are key ingredients. It is ironic that this is especially so in the magical world where the lower ego is supposed to be kept in check and dealt with in order to allow the higher spiritual will to flourish. But what I think is very sad to see is when people's lower ego takes control over the things they say, which end up spurting out nothing but their own false and twisted ideas about other magician's practices for no reason that I can see, but their own immature and negative attitudes. This really does annoy me, and especially so when I see my name mentioned along with other magician's names (who I have the utmost respect for) insinuating that we are full of bull shit because we do things differently.

I believe that truth and honesty are an integral part of the magician's art, but if they are not high on the magician's list of priorities, then it should come as no surprise when things don't always go according to plan, and the information sought from the spirits often turns out to be unreliable at best. Because, if the magician can't be honest with him or herself and others, then why should the forces they seek to contact be honest and truthful with them!

This is only something that the individual can learn for themselves because, you or someone else can tell them until you go blue in the face, but they will not want to listen because they are too blinded by their own self importance, and their ignorant opinions.

I left the pagan scene because of this, and even had a debate with a “so called (self proclaimed) master of the occult” because this person claimed they new all there was to know about magic and the occult. This obviously set my alarm bells ringing, so off I went down the solitary path which, has been much more magically rewarding.

So a word of advice to anyone setting out on the magical path, is to exercise a bit of common sense when seeking guidance from others, because, quite often those who accuse others of negative things, are normally guilty of such things themselves.


4 comments:

  1. Amen and Amen. You know, I do write about so-called adepts and the many posers on my blog and usually do call them out in a sense, though I don't mention names. The thing is, there is a difference between doing things differently and just being delusional. I can't believe you have been mentioned by name in a negative way, as you have nothing but the utmost respect for the Art. That beings said, I refuse to believe that anyone who decides to sit within a toilet paper circle and who makes a spirit's seal from the back of a cereal box is getting anything tangible. Call me crazy. I'd love for you to message me (email, or through my blogs contact page) and give me the particulars about who is saying what about whom...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I quickly and wholeheartedly subscribe dear frater. Couldn t have ranted better about such a matter myself. Sick of magickqgurus and adeptbo$$es... Would like the same as mister Vaughn above if possible. I do dare to guess, but don t have all the facts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is Human nature; to put down and devalue something or someone in order to project a sense of being the more knowledgeable person. My father has two sayings about this sort of attitude. The first is, "Yell like hell your logic's poor." The other is quoting Shakespeare, "This above all: to thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any man." Be true to yourself not to any one philosophy.

    In the end, all journeys in this life are "solitary". No one can walk your path for you. And the Spirit whispers to each of us differently. For someone to say there is only one path is sad. As the prophet Isaiah wrote - the words of the Lord, "Even them (all good people) will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted on my altar; for my house shall be called an house of prayer for all people."

    Be blessed and walk in kindness. You do much good with your words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your kind words Antiquarian, they are truly appreciated. Blessed be.

    ReplyDelete